Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School!


Today my baby girl started 1st grade and my baby boy started 5th grade. I can't believe it's Christopher's last year of elementary school. This is also the last year that he and Kayla will ever be in the same school together. That makes me very sad. They are growing up and I don't like it.
But of course we had our share of drama today. I assumed that the shoes we bought in May for Kayla to finish up Kindergarten would fit today. I was wrong. So she had to wear her "new this summer" crocs and I went and bought her the shoes she so terribly wanted, the Twinkle Toes Sketchers. I also had to go and buy Christopher new baseball cleats because the ones we also bought him this past April or May no longer fit. He is 10 years old and is wearing a men's 9 shoe!! I also grabbed the last iCarly lunch box today for Kayla at Target to go with her iCarly backpack - another surprise.
Can't wait to hear about their first day!





1 comment:

  1. yea Jenny, I finally linked your blog to mine! Aly and Ashley had to have those twinkle toes too! You know what I just don't get...one day the shoes fit and the next day they don't? It's like Aly, she waits until recital day, five minutes before going on-stage to start the dramatics of her shoes are too tight...give me a break! You've been wearing those shoes every week for the past year and you wait until now to tell me...ugh! I saw "fake" twinkles toes at Target for $19.99...they look exactly the same, kinda wished they would've been out in May when I was getting the tears about the "real" twinkle toes...oh well, Corey still remembers the fake umbros that his parents bought him and how he got made fun of...good thing we sucked it up and bought the $40-$50 ones for the kids so that they can outgrown them by X-mas!

    ReplyDelete